Tuesday 6 December 2016

LO1, Task 2: Sample materials (Masthead designs)

The designs below were created in the early stages of designing the brand, when I wasn't aware that a band already existed which was called "NO COMPLY" however they still show how the magazines brand has developed.

Trashbox.ttf
DIMIS___.TTF
full Pack 2025.ttf
Kraash Black.ttf
BTTF.ttf


heroesassemble3d.ttf



Here I experimented with different uses of colour, although I was certain that I wanted to use the colours red and black, I entertained the idea of using blue and white, since it connotes imagery of being outside in the sunlight.


Here I experimented with the brand "HEROES ASSEMBLE" and curved the title slightly in order to create connotations of movement which is linked to skate boarding. 


Here are the titles which contain the decided title. 


Here, I finilised the titles design, because it linked to brands like DEATHWISH and THRASHER since it uses a bold colour complete with the colours black and red. I decided to curve the title below in a way which both connotes the movement of the skateboard, and also creates the impression that the title is a ramp for skaters to use. This links to the type of curve which is used in the THRASHER mast head. 






No comments:

Post a Comment