Saturday 8 April 2017

LO4: Exporting final magazine pages

Exporting the double page spread and contents page on Adobe InDesign.

When I created my product I used the software Adobe InDesign, which is professional industry standard software, which allows you to create very professional pieces of work. During the exporting process, the settings I used were Adobe PDF for print, since that file type is designed specifically for a product which is going to be printed, meaning that on the file (including images, graphics and text) will be completely lossless and very high quality, meaning that final printed product will have a really high resolution, which is vital, since one of the purposes of the magazine is to is to show the visual appeal to skating, through beautiful photography, and the only way for photography to be properly appreciated, is through high quality images.




Exporting the Cover page on Adobe Photoshop.

When I created the cover page, I used Adobe Photoshop, another industry standard software, which I used instead of Adobe Indesign, because the page didn't contain an article, and didn't need to be arranged with columns, trim, safe and bleed area. I exported the file as a .tif, since tif files are another file type which are used in the print industry, since that file type is completely lossless, and is a huge file because of all the information contained. 



Evidence of exporting photographs as JPEGS.

When I exported these photographs to use on my pages, I made sure that I exported them as JPEG's in order for the files to be lossless, in order to be high enough quality for a magazine which is going to be printed.

The way my magazine will be distributed, will be through leaving copies of the magazine in local Skating shops in Sheffield, such as Slugger Skate Store, and other shops in the Forum in Devonshire Green, which sell products which appeal to the niche audience of Skaters in Sheffield, as well as people that don't skate, but like to indulge in the skating sub-culture in Sheffield, which can also be associated with the Indie/Alternative sub-culture which is currently very lively in Sheffield.

No comments:

Post a Comment