Sunday 2 April 2017

LO4: Version controls

Version Controls for Cover Page:

The file types .psd has been used in order for me to be able to continue editing the file each time. psd files contain all the original jpeg/raw files which means I am able to edit and use high quality lossless files. Because each file is so lossless, they are huge in file type, however they can be easily accessed and edited when using a high spec editing machine such as an iMac. Saving each file separately allowed my work to be organised, since if there was a change I regret making to the magazine, I can go back to one of the versions and bring what I didn't want to change into a newer version of the magazine.

Version Controls for Contents Page and Double Page Spread:

The file types .indd mean that I am allowed to edit the InDesign files each time I decide to change something in my contents page and double page spread. Instead of having all the photos contained in the file, InDesign files source the images in a similar way to Adobe Premier, when it sources the video files. This way there is zero compression on any of the photos/graphics, meaning that the file types are completely lossless, meaning that they will be of a very high quality, which is important since this is a print file. 

No comments:

Post a Comment