Friday 13 January 2017

LO3: Body copy for articles

Quick Fit is a skate spot like no other. The abandoned area was taken advantage of by local residents of Sheffield and transformed into a DIY spot, allowing skaters to build and modify  the area in anyway which is good for shredding. In the shot below you can see Isaac ollying of a mini ramp, made out of a metal slab placed on top of square rock, a good example of the type of ramps that are created at Quick Fit.

So you’ve been skating for four years now?

Isaac: Five actually, I started when I was 12.

Five years, thats insane, where do you think you would be now if you never started skating. 

Isaac: Wow, thats a wierd thought! I’m not sure but I recon I would be pretty bored, skating’s a big part of my life.

I can tell, Judging by those stunts you’ve just pulled I can see its something you’ve really put a lot of effort into. 

Isaac: I wouldn’t describe it like that, skating isn’t really something that needs effort, I usually associate effort with
things that I’d rather not be doing...

Well I guess skatings more of a passion to you then?

Isaac: For sure! Shredding provides the freedom of movement.

So why do you skate at Quick Fit so much?

Isaac: Quick Fit is by far my favourite spot, I love that you are able to change and set up random debris to aid your skating exeperince, plus the whole place has a really rural feel which I think is unique to Sheffield. 

What makes Sheffield such a great place for skaters?

Isaac: The range of places you can go to, like staying in the same area can become quite dull, but in Sheffield theres plenty of different places to go and skate. 

How long does it take to progress to you level of skill when it comes to skating?

Isaac Ah thats a hard one, the thing is it depends on the individual, like I know some people who start skating and take to it easily! While others, not so much.

Fair enough man, thanks a load for talking being on NO COMPLIE take it steady Isaac Green.


No comments:

Post a Comment